Please read our new business format before visiting.
We are looking forward to seeing you again!
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
We are happy to welcome you back to the Nova Scotia Museum's, McCulloch House Museum & Genealogy Centre. We have been working to create a safe experience for you and our staff.
· Please stay home if you are unwell, if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or if you have been around someone who is unwell.
· Everyone visiting the museum should practice social distancing to reduce their exposure to other people - this means you should stay at least 2 metres/6 feet away from anyone you do not live with or who isn’t in your family household bubble.
· Please consider the use of a non-medical mask or face covering in situations where social distancing (2 metres/6 feet) cannot be maintained
What we are doing to keep you safe?
The following practices have been put in place to protect you and our staff:
· Staff are monitoring their personal health and will stay at home if they are feeling unwell.
· Increased environmental cleaning and ventilation of public spaces and worksites.
· We have made cleaning part of everyone’s daily duties.
· Increased sanitization/cleaning of museum spaces.
· Enhanced cleaning of interactives, shared equipment, high-touch surfaces.
· Interactives have been removed if enhanced cleaning is not possible.
· Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at entrances and in common areas.
· Social distancing - keep a distance of at least 2 metres/6 feet from others.
· Staff will be wearing masks.
· We have installed new signage to remind you and the staff of safety precautions.
· Visitors to McCulloch House will continue to experience everything as they always have. During 2020 we are limiting visits to one family group/bubble into McCulloch House at a time. (Maximum 5 people).
· The Museum is quite small and can only safely accommodate small groups. There will be a 15 minute break between tours, so that staff can sanitize between visitors.
· TOURS will be Self-Guided; however, an experienced interpreter will be on site to answer any questions that you may have.
· GIFT SHOP will remain open 10 am – 5 pm. We prefer credit or debit, but will still accept cash.
· RESEARCH services will remain available, by APPOINTMENT only. NO DROP INS. Archival material needs to be quarantined for 48 hours after it is exposed to a visitor, therefore some material may be out of circulation for periods of time. It is necessary to always check ahead. No exceptions.
MUSEUM HOURS OF OPERATION: 12 pm to 5 pm Monday - Friday. Summer students are done for the year and limited staff are available for tours, so please be patient with us as we maneuver two buildings with reduced staff.
CENTRE HOURS OF OPERATION: 10 pm to 5 pm Monday - Friday. APPOINTMENTS ARE MANDATORY.
What you can do to keep us safe?
Before your visit, please review the following guidelines to ensure you are protecting yourself and others:
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the washroom, or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
· When coughing or sneezing: cough or sneeze into a tissue or the bend of your arm, not your hand. Dispose of any tissues you have used as soon as possible in a lined wastebasket and wash your hands afterward.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
· Make sure you are up to date on the latest public health guidelines on hygiene
· Stay home if you are unwell, if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or if you have been around someone who is unwell
· Everyone visiting the museum should practice social distancing to reduce their exposure to other people - this means you should stay at least 2 metres/6 feet away from anyone you do not live with or who isn’t in your bubble.
· Please consider use of a non-medical mask or face covering in situations where social distancing (2 metres/6 feet) cannot be maintained.
· People wanting to tour/visit McCulloch House, Must Pay and Register at the admissions desk at the Genealogy Centre BEFORE visiting the museum.
1 family bubble or 5 max visitors at one time to McCulloch House.
1 researcher/family bubble per appointment for research.
SELF GUIDED TOURS only
Registration is necessary.
No visitors to the Office- space is limited. Appointments are available.
Drop-in Museum tours are always encouraged. However, you may have a wait time while the staff sanitizes between tours.
Appointments for research or business are necessary. Please expect research to require extra time, and for the researcher to be more independent in their work. There will be at least two staff available during appointments.
The research facility now has access to Properties Online for a nominal $10 fee as of April 1st, 2020.
Or our researchers can access the program to do your research for you.
Daily research fees increased to $10 per day beginning July 1st, 2018.