History, Mystery & Local Flavours
Step back in time as you solve a fun historically themed Escape Room at the McCulloch House. Race the clock with your team to uncover hidden clues, crack codes, and solve tricky puzzles. When your time is up, celebrate your efforts with a delicious, locally sourced lunch of homemade delicacies from the Stone Soup Café.
- Guided tour of c.1805 McCulloch House, one of Pictou’s oldest historic homes
- 60-minute Escape Room game: Gain exclusive access to the basement of the McCulloch House to solve the mystery of your chosen story line: Haunting of Sherbrooke Cottage or A Poisonous Education.
- Lunch at Stone Soup Café, specializing in all-day breakfasts with a twist, house made pot pie, Cornish pasties and desserts
- Self-guided access to explore the McCulloch House grounds, including over 5 acres of green space with old growth trees and interpretive panels scattered throughout
- Optional add-on: Discover your Pictou or Nova Scotia connections with a genealogy session in our extensive archives. Prices: unassisted research $10; assisted research $20; full-service research starts at $25 per hour.
Offered: Available year-round on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10:30 am and noon, based on availability and weather permitting
Price: $36 per person (includes game and lunch)
Good to Know:
- The McCulloch House is not wheelchair accessible.
- The Escape Room is set in the basement level of the McCulloch House and requires stairs to access.
- Space is limited to a maximum of 6 people per game. Participants must be 13+ unless accompanied by an adult.
- Guests are invited to dine-in at Stone Soup Café located minutes away at 41 Water Street, Pictou.
- The McCulloch Genealogy Centre offers extensive resources including genealogies, community histories, photographs, newspapers and cemetery records. Whether you have direct Pictou connections or are interested in Nova Scotia history, our archives are brimming with information for history enthusiasts. Open Monday – Friday; 10:00am – 5:00pm.